The Birmingham Journal of Literature and Language (BJLL) is an interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal published annually, both electronically and in print. It includes submissions from current postgraduate students from a range of backgrounds, including specialists in Literature and Language from all periods and cultures.
Each issue features articles, notes, book reviews and original artwork and poems. The theme this year is open-ended.
Articles for the Volume VII of the BJLL are to be submitted to the General Editors via email: email@example.com by Friday 31 July 2015.
ISSUE VI (2014) AND ALL PREVIOUS VOLUMES OF THE BJLL ARE AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE
You can also follow us on Twitter: @BirminghamJLL
BJLL Article Submission Guidelines:
Articles can be on any aspect of Literature and Language, and from all periods and cultures.
Articles should be no more than 4,000 words in length (including all titles and bibliographies; footnotes are not permitted).
Notes (800 to 1000 words) are also welcomed. Notes can be on any topic of academic interest, including (but not limited to): recent and forthcoming conferences; public engagement and knowledge transfer activities; museum exhibitions; library collections; skills training; short pieces of original research.
All Articles and Notes must be written using Microsoft Word and conform to the following guidelines:
- Font: Garamond 12pt Alignment: Justified (body text).
- Line spacing: Exactly 20pt.
- Page layout: A4, portrait, single column, normal margins
- Referencing: Please follow MLA citation guidelines. Please use (Author Page number) for in-text citations [E.g. (Smith 27)] and include a list of works cited at the end of the article.
- Endnotes may be used if absolutely necessary.
- The author’s name should appear on a separate cover page, along with a short biography and a brief abstract.
Articles may be published elsewhere in the future, but the editors would appreciate an acknowledgement where possible. Please contact the Editors, Emily Buffey and Claire Harrill, for further information.
ARTICLES ARE TO BE SUBMITTED TO THE GENERAL EDITORS BY EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: FRIDAY 31 JULY 2015