Looking for papers for an essay collection on the MTV television show Teen Wolf, with an emphasis on the most recent seasons. This volume aims to discuss Teen Wolf in the context of popular and literary culture, historical analysis, and academic theory, though other approaches are also welcome.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
– Monstrosity and/or Hybridity
– Personal Transformation
– Genre Transformation and/or Subversion
– Heroism and/or Villainy
– History and Memory
We are also interested in the intersections of Teen Wolf with:
– the werewolf in literary history
– current media and pop culture
– fairy tales and/or folk mythology
– horror tropes
– the werewolf in other television shows (True Blood, Doctor Who, Sanctuary, Grimm)
What to Send:
300 – 500 word abstracts (or complete articles, if available) and CVs should be submitted by April 1, 2016. If an abstract is accepted for the collection, a full draft of the essay (5000 – 8000 words) will be required by July 1, 2016.